The Educational Choice Scholarship (EdChoice) Program provides students from designated public schools the opportunity to attend participating private schools.
A student who currently attends, or who is assigned to attend a designated underperforming school based on the student’s home address, is eligible to apply. Once awarded, a student may continue to receive the EdChoice Scholarship from Kindergarten through Grade 12 if he/she does not move out of the school district in which he/she became eligible. There are also certain attendance and testing requirements that must be met.
A student who currently attends a Catholic school in grades Kindergarten through 8 is not eligible for the EdChoice Scholarship, even if he/she would be assigned to attend a designated underperforming school. A student in Grades 8-11 who currently attends a Catholic school is eligible for the EdChoice Scholarship (as of the 2020-21 school year) provided the building to which he/she would be assigned is on the designated list.
The first application window for the 2020-21 school year is 2/1/20 – 4/15/20. A student must be accepted to attend a private school in order to apply for EdChoice. A link to the Notre Dame Schools application is listed at the bottom of this page.
Who is Eligible?
Students currently attending the following schools and entering the following grades for the 2020-2021 School Year:
School Grade Entering in 2020/2021 School Year
Eastern 3-5, 9-12
New Boston 4-6
West K-4, 9-12
- Students eligible to enter Kindergarten in the Fall of 2020 (and who will be age 5 by 1/1/21) and would be assigned to any of these local schools:
- Must provide proof of residence in either school district
- Must provide birth certificate
- If all requirements are met above, tuition is covered until student graduates from The Notre Dame Schools
How Do I Apply?
- Interested families must complete the ND admission application (See application link below). Contact NDE/NDHS at 740-353-2354 to begin the enrollment process
- If accepted into The Notre Dame Schools, the family must apply for an Ed Choice Scholarship through NDE/NDHS
- NDE/NDHS will submit your scholarship application through the Ed Choice secure online application system and await an approval from the State of Ohio
- Deadline to apply is 4/15/20 (Application window opens 2/1/20)
The EdChoice “Expansion” Scholarship
The EdChoice “Expansion” Scholarship is available to a student entering Kindergarten through 12th grade whose family’s household income meets eligible guideline requirements. A student must re-apply for the EdChoice “Expansion” Scholarship each year, as it is based on a family’s household income and Federal Poverty Guidelines. To learn more information see the Ed Choice Scholarship link below.