This EdChoice Scholarship is offering area students from underperforming public schools the opportunity to attend The Notre Dame Schools FREE until graduation starting in the 2019-2020 school year (Please note: this is separate from the current Income-based EdChoice Expansion Scholarship currently offered at ND).
Who Is Eligible?
- Students eligible to enter Kindergarten in the Fall of 2019 (and who will be age 5 by 1/1/20) who would be assigned to Portsmouth City Schools
- Students currently attending Portsmouth Elementary who reside in Portsmouth City School District. Must be entering Grades K-6 for the 2019-2020 school year
- Students currently attending Oak Intermediate (New Boston) and reside in New Boston Local School District. Must be entering Grades 4-6 for the 2019-2020 school year
- Students enrolling in an Ohio School for the first time who would be assigned to either Portsmouth City (K-6) or New Boston Local (4-6) for the 2019-2020 school year
- Must provide proof of residence in either school district
- If all requirements are met above, tuition is covered until student graduates from The Notre Dame Schools
How Do I Apply?
- Interested families must contact NDE at 740-353-2354 and complete the enrollment/admission process
- If accepted into The Notre Dame Schools, the family must apply for an Ed Choice Scholarship through NDE
- NDE will submit your scholarship application through the Ed Choice secure online application system and await an approval from the State of Ohio
- Deadline to apply is 4/30/19 (Application window opens 2/1/19)
Scholarship Renewal Requirements:
- Does not move to another public school district
- Takes all required state achievement tests
- Does not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year